Prepayment vending and management made easy via lower bandwidth networks
Standard functionality such as Vending, Account Payments, Reversals and Reprints are just some of the features available. One of the benefits of e-Vend is that there is no need for encryption cards at the thin-client of the remote office (these are present in the transaction server at the utility’s main office). In addition, the e-Vend client can be used in any LAN/WAN configuration or on an Internet or Intranet basis, since the web application is hosted by the e-Vend server.
Further extending the power and application of the on-line vending system option, is the Suprima e-Management Xpress application which perfectly complements e-Vend. It is a cost-effective means of providing the remote prepayment electricity office with management capability over cost-effective lower bandwidth networks.
On-line administrative tasks to authorised users is made easy over the LAN/WAN, Intranet or Internet. A utility's administrative staff are able to use Internet browser-based software to access and modify prepayment data held at the central server.
The system supports the definition of meter stores, allowing for improved efficiency by providing remote offices with the capability of managing their meter data. This enables immediate updating to be carried out.
The e-Management Xpress capability is designed to work on a concurrent basis, thereby enabling any number of authorised users to simultaneously make use of the management server. This software solution has extensive features such as:
- A user-friendly web browser interface;
- A fully on-line system operation, from across the street to across the world;
- Registering and updating meters, consumers and points of connection;
- Performing meter change-outs, even after hours;
- Moving consumers in or out;
- Blocking or unblocking consumers for credit control;
- Simplified data capture, as the required Suprima server-side database information is rapidly available in list selection format via the management client;
- SSL Certificate identification, along with standard Suprima user access rights security;
- Multilingual user interface functionality.
For more information on Cashpower Suprima e-Vend and e-Management Xpress, or other Suprima products such as Powervend II Point-of-Sale, Cell Phone Vending or SMS Text Vending and Scratch Cards, contact:
Mark de Kock, Landis+Gyr Product Manager (Systems)
phone: 011 921 7923
e-mail: [email protected]
# # #